Kettenwagen diorama- figures.

Im using the Dragon German Artillery Crew set for the Kettenwagen diorama.

The detail is not the best, but i think the figures have nice, natural poses.

Dry fitted figure (one of four planned). Lot of work required to make nice looking figure.

First the collar, belts, and straps were cut.
Neck was drilled.

All the folds were reworked, hands cut off, and sleeves drilled.

I added some extra folds, and volume to the boots.

Collar made using some lead foil.
Dry fitted Hornet head.

Hands added, and button holes drilled.

Some details were added to the equipment:

Chaos Black primer on:

Base colour:

Boots painted using mix of Nato Black, and Semi Gloss Black:

Highlights, and shadows done:

Added the decals from Tamiya, and PE belt buckle from Aber.

Gas mask cannister done:

Buttons, shoulder tabs and belt hooks added.

Shoulder tabs are made from alu foil, with Tamiya decals over the top.
The buttons are made from stretched sprue, and blobed over the cigarette lighter. I painted the buttons green, and added some chipping using Tamiya flat aluminium color.
I also used the close combat badge from Aber. Because it was brass color i sprayed it with black primer, and painted it using Allclad chrome.


Kettenwagen- completed

I have finished painting the Kettenwagen, and adding all the details.
Fire extinguisher is from Royal Model, and towing cable is hand made from copper wire.
Wire cutters are Dragon with scratch built handles, and mount.
The axe, and shovel are both scratch built, with handles turned from toothpicks.
At least i didnt have to paint them, and then worry if the color is right. I just weathered them accordingly.
More dusting will follow when i place the vehicle on the base to match the colors with the color of the ground.

Kettenwagen- painting

Chaos Black by Citadel as primer:

Mix of brown, and red for factory undercoat:

Industrial strength hairspray:

...followed by the mix of dark yellow mixed with few drops of flat yellow:

...and then highlighted by the same color mixed with white:

Green camo applied really thin:

Chippin done:

White, yellow, and brown filters applied.
I washed the whole vehicle in brown wash.